Orthodontics is a segment of dentistry which specializes in diagnosing, preventing and correcting the teeth and gums which are not positioned correctly. A lot of people have crooked and misplaced teeth, which can be very uncomfortable. They are also more challenging to maintain and clean, leading to faster tooth decay and periodontal diseases. Orthodontic treatment helps in maintaining a healthy mouth and also enhances the appearance of a person. This treatment also helps in making the teeth last longer.
An orthodontist is a specialist in this particular field. An orthodontist has an additional education of about two or more years other than four years of dental school. You may require an orthodontic treatment if you have the following:
- Overbite: In this condition, the teeth of a person are too far out forward in comparison to the lower teeth
- Underbite: In this, the lower set of teeth are too far out, or the upper tooth are too far back
- Crossbite: In this, the upper set of teeth cover the lower set of teeth while biting
- Open bite: In this condition, there is space between the upper front teeth and lower front teeth while biting
- Misplaced Midline: In this, the front upper center doesn’t align with the front lower center
Some other conditions are spacing and crowding.
- Dental Services